13 February 2012

I'm a strong believer that all tattoos should hold meaning behind them.


If you're going to be getting something done to you that is permanent, it should reflect yourself. It should have deep meaning, and a thought behind it. You should never act on impulse when it comes to tattoos.


When I got my first tattoo, it was sort of impulsive. The quote was something I had in my mind for over a year, and had really found personal meaning in, but it was done unprofessionally. Unfortunately, it's almost gone now. I plan to get it redone, perhaps in another spot now that I've had time to plan other designs. The quote says - illegibly now - "No se arrepienté, solo el amor", which, in English, means "No regrets, just love".


Simply said, the meaning behind it came from the idea that so many people claim to regret or hate people they have given their heart to in their lives. No only in a romantic way, but in any lifetime relationship. Friendships, family, etc. People often get hurt, and say they wish they "never met" a certain person or never let them in. I don't think that you should regret any relationship or any love in your life. Even something that didn't last, something that broke your heart, gave you an experience. You loved them at one point, and they made you happy and impacted your life. Every person you meet, whether it be a long-term connection or a one-time-meeting, affects you as a person and impacts what life path fate leads you down. 


I use this quote a lot in my life. And after being hurt by my first love - we ALL have this story to tell - I realized that even though he let me down and hurt me, he is a huge part of who I am today.


No regrets, just love.

2 comments:

  1. I agree for the most part but it doesn't necessarily have to be a really deep meaning it could be just representing something you like or agree with and people do things just because sometimes like get a random skull tattoo even if there is no meaning eventually you will find one and it can work the other way and get something you thought about a lot and really like but end up hating it after awhile. Or maybe you just really like the design it's you body not everyones so it's up to you if it has meaning or not. I agree with you but tattoo's are an art form and if art is meaningful then everyone even some dumb-ass who gets a four leaf clover on their ass it has meaning to the person who made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it has any sort of meaning to you, I think it's enough. Even if it's just "I really love this song, it cheers me up". I hate when people go out and say "I want a tattoo, but don't know what I want. I'm just going to get some tribal designs and a nautical star".

      But hey, it's not my body.

      Delete