7 March 2012

I've already posted about how important I think meanings behind tattoos are. 


I introduced my first tattoo - "No se arrepiente, solo el amor" on my back. So I thought I would write a little bit about another. The second tattoo says "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders" across both of my shoulders. It starts on my left, and ends on my right.


I've always loved the Beatles, firstly. I have a whole sleeve planned based on my love and connection to music, that includes many references to the Beatles. "Hey Jude" has been a    song that lifted me up when I was in my deepest, darkest ruts of life. Most of these ruts were because I tried to carry way too much of the world upon my shoulders. I'm a problem solver. I like to solve all problems, right here and right now. Not only my own problems, but those of others too. I am way too concerned with the issues in the world and with myself, and it tears me apart when I can't solve them right away.


The tattoo is a reminder to be free. To concentrate on me, before I can help anyone else. It's a reminder to stay happy, and that there is a way out of every rut, if I just keep calm and carry on.

3 comments:

  1. I completely relate to the connection your talking about with music. It's amazing how much it can do and how it can help you through so much. I also know what you mean about being too concerned with problems in the world and just about everything. I'm the same way, it's hard when you can't fix or solve something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a song in this world for every emotion in your heart. One of my favourite music quotes :)

      Delete
  2. That is such a true quote, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete